Here at Driver’s Seat
, we love a good road trip. Whether it’s a beach, a mountain, or the middle of nowhere, nothing says “summer” like an adventure on the open road.
If you’re headed somewhere special – for the 4th
of July, a family vacation or for no real reason at all – let us know! Send us a high-res photo and a brief description of your trip to email@example.com
. We’ll publish as many as possible.
In the meantime, here’s what some of your team members have been up to this summer.
Off the Beaten Path – Team members tackle the course at Northwest Off-Road Park in Bridgeport, Texas. Senior Technician Jane Collins and Mike Lemery lead the pack in a maroon FJ Cruiser, Vehicle Component Supervisor Matt Gaertner and Senior Product Engineer Andy Tye follow in a silver 4Runner, and Product Engineer Austin Zarecky and his wife Andrea are right behind in a black Tacoma.
– Senior Development Engineer Mikhal el Arculli ventured to Canyonlands National Park in Utah in his 2015 4Runner TRD Pro.
– TMC engineer Andrew Blomdal drove his Land Cruiser Prado to the Land Cruiser 40 Meeting East while on ICT in Japan. You can’t see the truck, but Blomdal says his daughters are even better subjects.
On the Beach
– Product Communications Senior Analyst Nate Martinez and Product Manager Anthony Gonzales on South Padre Island, Texas, in their TRD Pros.
– Senior Powertrain Engineer Dan Rich at Dewey Bridge near Moab, Utah with his 1995 Land Cruiser. Dan’s son, Joey, comes along in 2007 4Runner Sport 4WD.
Welcome to Cowtown – Jake Robin, operations and guest experience supervisor for the Lexus division, took his 2017 IS 350 to downtown Fort Worth.
Take Me to Your Leader – Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada Specialist Andrew Church completed a 5,500-mile road trip with his wife in their 2016 Prius. They saw the Rocky Mountains, the Grand Canyon, Route 66, and “alien landings.”
Outdoor Adventure – Kenneth Munkelt of the New York Region took his 2018 4Runner TRD Off Road camping in Taconic State Park. He and his wife enjoyed hiking trails and the beautiful Copake Falls.
Cruise Control – Electronic Systems Engineer Scott Nehls took his 2014 FJ Cruiser camping in Kalamazoo, Michigan, with family and friends.
Grab a Paddle
– Tooling, Purchasing and SED Manager Kristopher Andrew topped off his 2015 Tundra TRD Pro with a U.S. Rack Stake-bed kayak kit at Bishop Lake State Campground in Brighton, Michigan.
Two are Better than One
– Product Engineer Scott Mason snapped this photo of a 2014 FJ Cruiser and 2015 Tundra TRD Pro 4x4 in Big Bear, California.
By Kristen Orsborn