The 2021 Lexus LC 500 Convertible made its global debut at the Los Angeles Auto Show on Tuesday.
All we can say is, “Wow!”
The photos alone kind of tell the story. But for those who want a few pertinent details, here are some of the highlights of this extraordinary flagship vehicle:
- It echoes the coupe’s “Even Sharper, More Refined” driving characteristics, with a low center of gravity, optimal weight distribution and focus on performance-minded handling thanks to impressive structural rigidity.
- Expect it to deliver similar breathtaking performance to the coupe, thanks to its 471-horsepower 5.0-liter V8 engine paired with a seamless Direct-Shift 10-speed automatic transmission.
- The four-layer soft-top retains the flowing roofline of the coupe, thanks in part to an innovative folding mechanism that accentuates the convertible’s sleek lines without significantly intruding into the trunk or cabin space. And it takes approximately just 15 seconds to open 16 seconds to close.
- The heating/air conditioning system is designed to adjust the cabin temperature automatically regardless of whether the top is raised or lowered. That will expand the possibilities for top-down driving even in less than ideal weather.
- Much like the coupe, the convertible comes well equipped with a wide array of comfort, convenience and multimedia technologies — such as Android Auto, Amazon Alexa and Apple CarPlay integration.
- And, of course, it comes standard with Lexus Safety System+, in addition to safety features specific to a convertible, such as active roll bars that are designed to deploy upward when a rollover is detected.
- The Lexus LC 500 Convertible will go on sale next summer.
To get the complete lowdown on this top-drawer top-down stunner, follow this link
By Dan Miller